Assistant Building Surveyor-Central London
Ref: (Ref: A19O992)
Salary: £ 30,000 - 37,000
Specialist Area: Surveyor
Start Date: ASAP
Our Clients are specialists in Residential block Property Management in Central London who have been in the market for many years and due to expansion are looking for an Assistant Building Surveyor to join the team and report to the Director of Building Surveying.
The Role will include:
- Carrying out condition surveys and assisting building surveyors with the preparation of capital expenditure plans.
- Reading and interpreting lease documents and advising clients.
- Taking responsibility for preparing specifications and schedules of work for both residential and commercial property.
- Overseeing and controlling minor projects, issuing instructions and ensuring contracts are finished on time and to budget.
- Attending board, committee and general lessees’ meetings as required to assisting building surveyors both during the day and on occasion in the evenings.
- Identifying opportunities for additional fee income for the department and business opportunities with clients.
- Liaising with the accounts department and follow up on unpaid invoices.
- Assisting building surveyors in connection with the administration of major works projects.
- Investigating and advising on building defects and reporting to clients and property managers.
- Preparing reports for clients and property managers with recommendations on repair and maintenance.
- Carrying out measured surveys of buildings and interpreting plans.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and reinstatement cost assessments in accordance with the RICS guidelines for the valuation of property for insurance purposes.
- Assisting building surveyors on party wall matters and associated boundary wall issues.
- Preparing schedules of condition and assisting in the preparation of Party Wall Awards.
- Preparing budget costings for clients and property management colleagues.
- Assisting with cost analysis of contractors’ accounts and the valuing and certifying of work.
- Assisting with the analysis of contractors’ final accounts.
- Assessing plans and specifications from lessees for the altering of apartments and property for clients and advising thereon.
- Liaising with clients, solicitors and property management colleagues in connection with the issuing of licences for alterations.
- Making recommendations in connection with proposed alteration works.
- Monitoring lessees’ alteration work and reporting.
- Reviewing health and safety reports and instructing consultants and contractors on health and safety work.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with health and safety consultants where required in connection with the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 1994.
- Carrying out preventative maintenance inspections, inspecting and reporting upon defects.
The Person: To apply, you MUST have a 2+ years residential block experience with experience managing your own minor projects and it is essential that the person has assisted a Chartered Surveyor on the management of major residential project as well. The successful candidate will have good communication skills and will be looking to progress with their career.
www.tridentint.com Follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook