Our Client is a well-established property firm that has been for many years operated within the Central London markets. They employ a large team of professionals divided into lots of branches providing property services for Residential Sales and Lettings, Corporate PRS and relocation services, Commercial Property, Block and estate management and much more. Because of their wide range of services and their continuous expansion they are looking to hire a Client Accountant to help out the rest of the team.
The Role will include:
- Importing new tenancy details into the company’s accounting system to facilitate processing of rent and liaising with the relevant branch to ensure landlord and tenant’s details are complete and accurate, where required.
- Producing standard correspondence to landlords and tenants, as required, including letters chasing rent payments and for other credit control processes.
- Reviewing ‘check-in’ invoices relevant to the portfolio to ensure that the charges are correct and rectify any discrepancies. Liaising with the branch to make sure it has collected the relevant payments from the tenant and follow up with the branch where payments are outstanding.
- Entering the invoice onto the company’s accounting system and allocating funds received from the tenant so the payment to the relevant ‘check-in’ supplier can be made.
- Ensuring that all recoverable charges are invoiced to the relevant landlord and that payments have been made in line with the payment terms.
- Overseeing activity on tenant’s rent accounts to ensure that rent payments are being made on time.
- Identifying accounts that are in arrears and engaging the tenant, landlord and, if required the tenant guarantor to ensure arrears are settled as quickly as possible.
- Deregistering tenant deposits on the TDS website in accordance with company procedures for all non-managed tenancies upon instruction from the relevant branch.
- Releasing the deposit monies to the relevant parties upon instruction from the branch and clarify with the branch where the instructions do not align with the tenant’s payment history.
- Taking card payments over the telephone for rent payments and ensuring these payments are made in line with company procedures. Banking any cheques received in line with company procedures.
- Reviewing the residency details of landlords in the portfolio to ensure that any that are resident overseas have the correct HMRC tax approval documentation on file.
- Producing income and expenditure reports for landlords upon the request. Reviewing the reports to ensure they are accurate and complete and investigate and resolve any discrepancies identified before they are despatched to the client.
- Ensuring tenant payment details are compliant with the requirements of the Direct Debit Guarantee Scheme and where they are not, take the appropriate action with the tenant to ensure that they are.
The Person MUST have at least 1 – 2 years’ experience of working within the accounting team of an estate agency. The candidate will have experience of working in a fast paced office environment and possess sound communication skills. The candidate is required to know how to use a property software such as CML, Radar, Reapit, Veco or similar. Knowledge and experience of Excel (V-look functions and pivot tables) are also highly advantageous. Lastly, the person should have attributes such as positive ‘can-do’ attitude, be organised and contribute to the success of the team etc.
www.tridentint.com Follow us on Twitter and on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook