Financial Controller / Management Accountant – Real Estate AM-London
Ref: (Ref: D20D613)
Salary: £ 40,000 - 45,000
Specialist Area: Financial Controller
Start Date: Immediate
OUR CLIENT – is a successful and established property
investor and developer who continue to grow and expand whilst also continuing
to develop their reputation for ‘best in class’ builds and striving to become
an employer of choice – they now have an outstanding opportunity for a skilled and
experienced Financial Controller / Management Accountant to take up an in-house
opportunity within their Asset Management business.
THE ROLE – As FC the successful incumbent will play a pivotal
role in the company taking complete responsibility for the production of
management accounts and the roles core responsibilities will include:
- Producing monthly management account reports to be presented
and reviewed by the MD and Group FD.
- Producing quarterly management fee charges.
- Monthly bank reconciliations and handling queries that arise
and report on findings.
- Preparing financial year end accounts.
- Managing year end audit process to close down within given
- Working closely with department heads and MD to prepare
corporate financial year end budget.
- Regularly reviewing and reporting financial accounts
- Preparing and being responsible for all book-keeping
functions within the business unit – e.g.:
- Processing bank
transactions to the accounting system, reconciling client / supplier
accounts, receipt posting, ensure all receipts are posted daily and ledgers are
up to date.
internal invoices and processing accordingly and communicating with suppliers
and leaseholders for payments.
- Processing receipt/invoice postings and analysing any
unidentified receipts on a weekly basis.
- Preparing monthly management reports for various teams.
- Preparing quarterly VAT returns, filing with HMRC within
- Filing VAT in accordance with Making Tax Digital (MTD) HMRC
- Posting daily bank activity and reconciliation of
current/reserve bank accounts.
- Posting and reconciling monthly company Credit Card
- Recording supplier invoice processing, posting and coding
approved invoices in accordance with budget.
- Reconciling aged payable and receivable ledgers.
- Gathering sales invoice information from HOD's for
processing and reconciling aged debt.
- Managing Credit Control and reviewing debtors - ensuring
funds are received in line with payment terms.
- Reporting Debtors to MD/FD and Group accountant on a monthly
- Managing costs incurred on behalf of service charge
entities, raising recharge invoices and reconciling recharge control account,
recovering funds from SC.
- Preparing monthly payroll summary, journals and reconciling
control accounts (PAYE/Net wages Control) and ensuring monthly PAYE payment to
- Ensuring Net Salaries are paid to employees using BACS files
for clearance on 25th of each month.
- Recharging employees recovered through the service charge
- Providing monthly accruals / prepayments, update accruals
- Monthly intercompany reconciliations.
– To apply you will be an ACCA qualified accountant with relevant accounting
and financial and management skills and an In-depth knowledge of management
accounts production. You will come from a real estate / property background and
will be a highly organised and a team player and used to working under pressure
- the ability to independently
develop strategies to help achieve defined objectives and therefore a
proven track record in delivering on objectives within a
demanding commercial environment. You will possess strong leadership and
interpersonal skills and also ideally possess auditing experience and a sound
knowledge of accounting fundamentals. You will ideally also have a
working knowledge of Xero – Candidates should be available immediately or
at under a month as this is an immediate hire.
us on Twitter and
on LinkedIn or
like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we
cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and
considered and will be held on Trident International’s database for review. If
you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your
initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in
the future we will make every effort to contact you. By applying for this