OUR CLIENT has been established for over a quarter of a century and in that time have amassed a £multi-billion portfolio of assets under management in the UK and Globally covering both commercial and residential properties. They have now instructed us to help them recruit a Residential Property Manager to join their successful Management Team.
THE ROLE of Estate / Property Manager will assist the Management Team with the efficient management of a designated property portfolio comprising of residential and mixed use properties, to include but not limited to the following tasks:
- Preparing reports for the Board
- Proposing recommendations and obtaining instructions on matters concerning the effective management of the managed portfolio.
- Maintaining good Landlord and Tenant relationships by providing a high quality service to all tenants and leaseholders of the Group.
Day To Day Management
- Liaising with leaseholders, tenants, residents associations through general correspondence, emails, letters, newsletters, circulars, in a prompt and professional manner.
- Preparing Tenant Handbooks in accordance with the Groups policies and procedures.
- Attending residents’ meetings as required.
- Reading and interpreting leases to ensure that the portfolio is managed in accordance with the provisions of the lease.
- Managing site staff and taking advice from Group Resources where necessary.
- Maintaining property records in accordance with the Group’s policies and procedures.
- Handling Insurance Claims in accordance with the Group’s procedures.
- Undertaking routine Property Inspections in accordance with the Group’s procedures and identifying any building defects/ maintenance issues and dealing with these accordingly.
- Handling maintenance issues, both reactive and planned to ensure that the Group does not find itself in breach of its repairing obligations.
- Managing Contractors to ensure that works are carried out in a proper and workmanlike manner and at a reasonable cost.
- Setting up Service Level Agreements and monitoring these to ensure that the contractual standard is being met.
- Specifying minor works and obtaining comparative quotes.
- Liaising with the Area Building Surveyor regarding any complex building maintenance issues.
- Carrying out audit/ spot check works before signing off invoices for payment.
Qualifying Works & Long Term Agreements
- Working with the Regional Surveyor to identify and implement ‘major works’ projects.
- Overseeing budget for ‘major works’, ensuring that leaseholders are given advance warning of any significant increases as a result of planned works.
- Preparing reports for Major Works Committee and once instructed, prepare Section 20 Consultation notices for solicitors approval and, once approved, consult with leaseholders and liaise with them throughout the course of the works.
- Liaising with the Legal Department and attend court as required in respect of leasehold disputes.
- Handling disputes/ breaches of lease in a proactive way and ensure that s.146 rights are preserved and seek instructions to engage solicitors as necessary.
- Assisting the Legal Department with any licence to alter applications, statutory lease extension and enfranchisement claims.
- Managing H&S across the designated portfolio utilising the Group’s Management Information Systems and handling any actions arising promptly.
- Review statutory inspection reports and deal with any remedial works/ recommendations which are raised, in a commercially focused manner, seeking advice from Regional Executive/ external consultants as necessary.
- Preparing Service Charge Budgets in a timely fashion and monitor expenditure ensuring it is within budget.
- Setting up Reserve Funds to ensure that major works can be undertaken.
- Assisting with the preparation of end of year accounts and answering expenditure queries from external auditors, accounts and leaseholders.
- Carrying out any other tasks, as directed by the Management Team,
THE PERSON: The successful candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and ideally a degree or similar in related studies. It would be advantageous if the incumbent is qualified AIRPM, MIRPM or AssocRICS. To apply you will also need to be confident with L&T and H&S legislation, RICS and ARMA guidelines and other best practices applicable to residential and mixed use property management. Knowledge of HORIZON and QUBE would be an advantage. This role is best suited to someone with excellent communication skills, able to multi-task and work well under pressure. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established property company in London.