Property Accountant/ Service Charge Accountant - PropCo -London
Ref: (Ref: D21D622 )
Salary: £ 45,000 - 50,000 + Benefits
Specialist Area: Property Accountant
Start Date: ASAP
OUR CLIENT is a successful national owner and operator of real estate assets across the UK. As a growing business, the company invest, develop and asset manage a portfolio of commercial investments to create bespoke and dynamic environments as well as enhancing value and maximising shareholder returns. They have instructed us to help them recruit an experienced Property / Service Charge Accountant to support the Head of finance and broader team with assuming responsibility for all service charge accounting, tenant billing and related analysis.
THE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES of the Property Accountant / Service Charge Accountant:
- Raising rent, service charge and insurance demands on a timely and accurate basis.
- Raising invoices for management fees, recharges, turnover rents, and other sums as required.
- Production of completion statements for tenancy events.
- Final review of leasing workflow on property management system and billing of charges.
- Preparation of service charge budgets and insurance apportionments and loading to the property management system.
- Billing landlord for voids, inclusive and capped service charge – quarterly and as required on any tenancy change.
- Collaborating with the General Managers and Property Management team regarding production of year end service charge reports, organising the audit, and providing satisfactory explanations to all queries raised by the auditor.
- Review of business plan for accuracy of landlord void, inclusive and capped costs.
- Quarterly analysis of income and landlord void, insurance and capped costs versus business plan.
- Ensuring all service charge and insurance control accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Ensuring all commercial income has a unit attached on the property management system.
- Support credit control with tenant account reconciliations.
- Process and make tenant refunds and payments.
- Creation and amendment of units on the property management system.
- Provide income analysis for loan covenant reporting and compile property monitoring reports.
- Supporting the finance team with interim and annual audits, responding to any queries as required.
THE ROLE REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS and BENEFITS for the Property Accountant:
- Experience of using property management systems Preferably YARDI or MRI QUBE.
- Detailed working knowledge of commercial service charge accounts preparation and reconciliation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-sufficient and ability to work on own initiative.
- Pro-active with good analytical skills.
- Good team environment and offices – 5 days in the office.
- Pension. 25 days holiday and life and PHI.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or connect with us on LinkedIn
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International’s database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.